***Due to COVID-19, only 1 VR station is to be used at a time for Fall 2020. Patrons must book the station between the hours of 9-5 M-F to use it. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to request access after hours.***
The IU School of Medicine community can book a VR station at the Nexus Collaborative Learning Lab for the following:
- Complete a class assignment in VR
- Guided experience/tour of our VR offerings
- Consultation to learn how you can incorporate VR into instruction
The Nexus is located at the Ruth Lilly Medical Library, 975 West Walnut Street, IB 207 (second floor). Students at the IU School of Medicine have 24/7 access to the Nexus with their Crimson Cards.
Please note the following regarding the VR stations:
- You may book the stations for a minimum time of 30 minutes and a maximum time of 2 hours.
- You must place a booking request a minimum of 2 business days (48 business hours) prior to the time you are interested in booking. This is to allow enough time for staff to approve or deny the booking request.
- You are expected to follow the University's policies on Appropriate Use of Information Technology Resources, Excessive Use of Information Technology Resources, and Misuse and Abuse of Information Technology Resources. Users may be asked to leave the Nexus at the discretion of the library employees.
- Remove any tripping hazards from the area before using the headset.
- Remember that while using the headset you will not be aware of objects and people around you. Please be mindful when moving your hands.
- It is recommended that you take at least a 10-15 minute break every 30 minutes. Discontinue use if you experience nausea, headaches, eye strain, disorientation, or general discomfort.
- If you have a previous history of epilepsy or seizures, loss of awareness, or other symptoms linked to an epileptic condition, please consult your doctor before using VR. To reduce the likelihood of a seizure do not use the product if you are tired or need sleep.
- Please let the staff member know if you feel disoriented or nauseous while using the VR headset.
Email email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
This location or Category has multiple capacity options (i.e. single seat, group spaces, etc.). Please select the desired capacity from the Capacity dropdown above.